CRAIG LOWNDES PRIVACY STATEMENT
Welcome to the Craig Lowndes Fan Club ("Lowndes Force")
1. Your Privacy
1.1 Your privacy is important to Lowndes Force. Lowndes Force is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes the collection and use of your personal information.
1.2 Set out below is information that the Privacy Act requires Lowndes Force to communicate to all users of the Fan Club. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
2. Your Personal Information
2.1 We may hold a variety of personal information about you, which may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number, your Lowndes Force PIN password or any other PIN or password used by you to access material on Lowndes Force. We may also hold certain details about your personal interests.
2.2 Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorized representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and advise them that we can be contacted for further information - see part 12 ("how to contact us") below.
2.3 If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to Lowndes Force or to the content, products and services available from Lowndes Force.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
3.1 We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone, e-mail, online or in documents such as an application form;
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organizations identified below under "when we disclose your personal information"; and
- when legally required to do so.
3.2 Lowndes Force also collects personal information about you when you access and use the website. This is described further in part 4 ("how we collect personal information from the website") below.
4. How We Collect Personal Information from The Website
4.1 When you visit the website, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, dates and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of the website and to monitor its performance.
4.2 We also collect the following kinds of personal information:
- about transactions carried out on the website;
- your use of the website;
- your registration with Lowndes Force; and
- any other information that you send to Lowndes Force.
4.3 We may also use "cookies" on the website. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that the website may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for the websites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Lowndes Force.
4.4 In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. We extend the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. If you like you can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of the website or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
5. Passwords and Usernames
5.1 We may issue you with various usernames or passwords to allow you to access some of the content and information on the website.
5.2 While we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that your usernames and passwords are not disclosed to other people, you are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and for ensuring that no-one except you uses these usernames and passwords.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
6.1 Your personal information may be used by us to:
- give you access to the website and other content, products and services available from the websites;
- enter you into our competitions and promotions;
- send you products that you purchase;
- supply you services that you purchase;
- send you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you;
- send you marketing communications;
- administer and manage the website including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of changes to the website or to the content, products and services available from the website;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and fraud;
- research and develop the website and our other services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with improved websites, content and services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
6.2 Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services, please contact us and advise.
6.3 All e-mails sent by us offering marketing and commercial material will contain accurate information regarding the messages originator and will contain a functional unsubscribe facility to allow you to opt-out of receiving messages from us in the future.
7. When We Disclose Your Personal Information
7.1 We may disclose your personal information to each other and to organizations outside Lowndes Force for the purposes set out in part 6 ("how we use your personal information") above. Lowndes Force takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
7.2 The outside organizations to which we disclose information include:
Outsourced service providers involved in the operation and management of the website or the other services we provide to you, including those involved in:
- content and service development;
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery function;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research;
- your representatives (e.g. your authorized representatives or legal advisors);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organizations as required or authorized by law;
- organizations involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivable);
- other information service providers; and
- our related companies.
8. Help Us to Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
8.1 We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address. (See "how to contact us" below).
9. Accessing Your Personal Information
9.1 You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons - see part 12 ("how to contact us") below.
9.2 We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
10. Children's Privacy
10.1 Children's privacy is very important to us. We ask that children under 18 years of age obtain a parent or guardian's consent before accessing or using the website, or before acquiring any products via the website.
10.2 While we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children's privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children's usage.
11. Other Websites
Lowndes Force contains links to other websites. Lowndes Force is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties.
12. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
12.1 From time to time, we may need to change the Privacy Statement to reflect our changing business practices. We may change the Privacy Statement at any time by posting the changed Privacy Statement on our website and by posting a notice to users on the home page of that website stating that a change has occurred.
12.2 All personal information collected and held by us will be governed by our most recent Privacy Statement, as posted on our website.
13. How to Contact Us
13.1 If you have any queries in relation to privacy, please contact Lowndes Force on (03) 9596 9011 between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries.
13.2 Alternatively, you can write to Lowndes Force, at 419 Bay Street, Brighton, Victoria 3186.