Craig Lowndes Latest News
SOLID AT SYDNEY MOTORSPORT PARK
CRAIG LOWNDES had a solid weekend at Sydney Motorsport Park aboard his Red Bull Racing Australia Holden Commodore, at the latest V8 Supercar Championship round.
Across the three races Craig scored a fifth and two 10th places, to maintain his 2015 Championship challenge.
“Starting that far back was always going to be difficult,” Craig Lowndes said of Sunday’s race.
“The team made a great call on the switch to softs (tyres) and the car was really good, but then the rains came and we lost a bit of time battling back through (the field). We did what we could.”
- Craig 14th fastest in Practice 1
- Craig sticks with slower Hard tyre in Practice 2, 19th fastest
“It was a bit of a tough day to be honest. We made a number of changes and every change makes the car react in a different way. I just don’t think we got on top of it fully today. We do have direction though and we do understand what we did. I’m looking forward to tomorrow to put it all together. Finishing up 19th wasn’t ideal, but we’ll compare notes and make a plan for tomorrow.”
- Craig sticks with slower Hard tyre in Practice 3, 23rd fastest
- Craig qualifies 5th for Race 21
- Craig qualifies 12th for Race 22
- Craig finishes 5th in Race 21
- Craig finishes 10th in Race 22
“Our car was better in the final race today, we definitely made some improvements. I think we improved the car on both tyres, and on the soft tyre we definitely had more pace … but starting further back it’s very hard to make progress because the cars around you are a similar pace and I couldn’t do much. It was just traffic.”
- Craig qualifies 19th fastest for Race 23
- Time lost stacking in the pits with mid race rainstorm
- Tough fight back through the field to finish 10th in Race 23
“I think we made the best of what we had today, and we definitely ended the weekend with a better car than we started with … so that’s good. And we’re third in the Championship so we’re hanging in there.”