Craig Lowndes Latest News
Overheating Ends Bathurst Bid
Overheating issues ended Craig Lowndes’ bid to win back-to-back Bathurst 12 Hour GT races on Sunday.
Sharing a YNA Autosports McLaren 650S with Shane Van Gisbergen and McLaren factory driver Come Ledogar, the 2017 and 2014 Bathurst 12 Hour Champion had the British GT racer well placed inside the top four when problems struck.
“Come took the night time start and ran solidly through his first stints, our plan was to stay out of trouble and carefully move forward,” Craig Lowndes explained.
“I took over and our strategy and speed had us well placed in the top four, before Shane got in.
“Unfortunately, the car began overheating and, despite a huge amount of work from the YNA crew, we couldn’t fix it.
“It was a shame because we’d been playing a conservative game, picking our way forward to put ourselves in a position to win it at the end.”
- Craig turns first laps at Bathurst in McLaren GT car
- Craig sets fastest time of the day for the #58 crew
- 15th fastest overall not indicative of race potential
- Throttle issue hinders morning Practice
- Van Gisbergen qualifies the #58 McLaren sixth quickest, for Top Ten Shootout
- Van Gisbergen 8th fastest in Top Ten Shootout
- Come Ledogar takes start in the dark
- Steady start inside the top ten
- Craig steps in, moves into the top four
- Overheating problems put the car out